Thursday 25 September 2008

First Week Back

Well I've finished all my classes for this week :) I have a really nice time table. Although I did just get a tutorial allocated for 10 o'clock on Monday morning, which is going to make coming home from Chris's rather unpleasant. But it is also only every 2 weeks so if I'm careful then I should be able to book to go down all the "right" weekends. I'm going down next weekend though, and that is, I think, a "wrong" weekend, so i need to go to the station and change my train time.



Classes have all been pretty good. Psychology is interesting so far, as is Classical Art - I've had three lectures of each now. Ancient History only had one lecture this week (normally they have two and a tutorial) and it was really boring. We had to watch a video of an interview of an historian, and the sound on it was really bad so it was hard to follow the conversation, and also it didn't really seem to be that relevant. We had a list of questions to consider in relation to the video but it was so difficult to hear what was being said that I have no idea what the answers to the questions may have actually been in this guy's opinion. But never mind.



My social life has been great this week :) on Monday night, after cubs, I joined my flatmates and Guy at the Tron for the end of their pub quiz and a drink or two. We did really rubbish in the quiz, but we beat the staff team so we were happy enough.

On Tuesday night, Marsailidh and I went to the BLOGS welcome social (its the Edinburgh Uni Society for Lesbians, Gays etc) - not because we are in any way gay, but because we have friends who are and we knew it would be good fun - and indeed it was. We played some silly games in the Student Union, to get to know everyone a bit, and a lady from the Advice Place (the uni's counselling and advice centre) came and gave a talk on safe sex and handed out free condoms (which Marsailidh and I then proceeded to blow up and play balloon volley ball with...) Afterwards we went to a bar in town for a while, and lots of people went on to the club next door (called Vibe, it's awesome fun! I've been before) but Marsailidh and I went home instead because we were tired and had classes on Wednesday morning.

Tonight we are going to the Edinburgh University Snow Sports Club (EUSSC) welcome social, and that should be awesome fun too!!

love and hugs,
Katie

No comments: