Saturday 24 December 2011

It's Chriiiistmaaaaaaaaas!

I am 99.9% sure that you cannot be as excited about Christmas as me! Christmas is hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite day of the year. You get to sing carols and eat too much and people give you presents and cards and everyone is cheerful in the shops and everything looks pretty and you can wear nice clothes just because and take pictures all day. Birthdays are pretty good too, but Christmas is more general, and everything everywhere gets decorated. And birthdays don't have all the carols.

Now, I know you have been eagerly awaiting this since the snippet on my last post, but here it is, the grand reveal:
MY CHRISTMAS TREE!
Isn't it spectacular! It was the last tree left at the tree place, and we only just managed to fit it into the room!

This is my dad's favourite decoration - he plays the french horn so we got this for him a few years ago.


And this one is my mum's favourite - she's a big fan of having the baby Jesuses at Christmas time, so she likes this wee nativity that we've had for as long as I can remember!

Here are the presents (you don't get that big a pile when there's only five of you and you're all adults!)

And here are the dinky trees that we've had since we spent a winter in Taiwan (the millennium, in fact.) Do excuse the naff tinsel hat on the clock. My mum seems to think that this is an appropriate way to treat wee bits of tinsel. Not sure I agree.

These are the cookies which I posted about the other week, which I iced with the royal icing left over from the cake.

And this is the aforementioned cake with its ADORABLE nativity! Isn't it cute? I love the sheep. They're so dinky! We've got a big red ribbon to put around the outside to hide the fact that I can't smooth off royal icing for love nor money, but that has to wait until the icing is much drier.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Love and hugs

No comments: