I saw a rather wonderful thing this morning in the blogosphere - Ella Masters mentioned her list of 24 things she wanted to do before she turned 24. It has things on it like visiting other people, attending specific events, making some lifestyle changes, and so on.
I think this is a wonderful idea! I believe it's a really important part of living a happy and fulfilled life - think about what you really want to achieve or experience, and then set a deadline for yourself. It's not about beating yourself up about what you haven't yet achieved, or if you didn't make your deadline, I think it's more about loving your life, and filling your free time with things that really make you happy. For me, that involves not watching much television. The internet has far more.intelligent and interesting things to say.
Anyway, with no further ado, here is my list of 24 things I wish to achieve in the rest of the year before I turn 24.
1. Pass my driving test.
2. Visit my friend in Florida.
3. Go on a road trip.
4. Stop hoarding so much crap I don't need.
5. Run a marathon.
6. Win an arm wrestle against a boy.
7. Repaint my bedroom.
8. Get a pay rise.
9. Read all 7 Harry Potter books in French.
10. Buy a sofa.
11. Learn how to dance on pointe.
12. Sell something I've made myself.
13. Visit my auntie down south.
14. Visit my uncle who's less south.
15. See Scotland and England play in the 6 Nations at Twickenham.
16. Get some winter sun.
17. Go to a gig.
18. See a full length ballet.
19. Find the perfect toothbrush holder.
20. Do some street style posts on the blog.
21. Get a professional massage.
22. Swim in the sea.
23. Go to an air show.
24. Get a DSLR.
Do you have any ambitions for this year of your life? I'd love to hear about them!